Üllői Lövész Klub

Pontos idő: 2024.03.29. 10:28

Időzóna: UTC + 1 óra [ nyi ]

Új téma nyitása Hozzászólás a témához  [ 1 hozzászólás ] 
Szerző Üzenet
HozzászólásElküldve: 2023.02.22. 18:54 
Introducing the Full Titanium Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin 41mm

RD2's lightweight mix has arrived.

If you want to play hits like AP, sometimes you have to think about doing special mixes, and the band from Le Brassus just announced a special expression of Concept Pure RD#2. This new model builds on its recent successful sibling, setting the tone for the city with more titanium, less platinum, new dials and limited production. I am in love.

Allow me to elaborate. The ultra-thin 41mm RD#2 was launched in 2018 in a platinum concept (the watch is pictured below, extremely rare, equally cool, and very heavy on the wrist). In 2019, AP released the Royal Oak Self-winding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-thin RD#2 model 26586IP.OO.1240IP.01, which adopts a new non-percussion dial design and mixed materials, most of which are made of titanium, except for the watch Center links in the circle and bracelet – these are all platinum and produced in very limited quantities, but not part of a specific numbered edition. With this latest release, the world gets its second "production run" of the RD#2, this time limited to 200 units.

http://www.moon-watch.co

If you can imagine these three watches in some sort of Animorphs-esque transformation. Concept RD#2 is Platinum, the next RD#2 26586IP is Platinum and Titanium, now transition to the next stage, Full Titanium. The new 26586TI is 41mm wide, just 6.2mm thick and weighs just 75g, with the only notable non-titanium element being the screws for the bezel (made of white gold).

Aside from dropping a few grams of precious metal, the 26586TI largely sticks to the formula, but adds a new blue-and-black dial with black subdials, red date accents and the same blue aventurine moonphase. While I'm not enamored with the look of the smoky blue dial in the press images, it strikes a lovely balance on the person, with a wide range of blue saturation depending on the light available, but without losing the sub-dials contrast.

Inside, we find the same record-setting ultra-thin caliber AP 5133 as the example above, a perpetual calendar automatic movement with moon phase and day/night display, measuring just 2.9mm thick. Price? Well, at a cool CHF 137,000, the price is neither light nor thin.

https://www.reviewluxurystore.com

our thoughts
I mean, I said it above. I am in love. Just like my previous two versions. Despite having one of my all-time favorite complications, light and wearable high-end watchmaking, you can't take the smile off my face for 2 minutes when I try on the RD#2 and the new 26586TI. When I had to return it, the smile disappeared, but I digress.

As a further expression of RD#2, I think the 26586TI speaks directly to the merits of the RD program and its ability to produce a Royal Oak that blends traditional and modern cutting-edge production. This watch looks incredible, feels amazing in the hand, is lightweight and very special on the wrist. In my opinion, represents the aura of the entire modern Royal Oak series.

If pricing really matters - and for the target audience for this watch, I don't believe it does - this titanium watch is indeed cheaper than the titanium and platinum RD#2 26586IP that came out earlier. In my opinion, this is a great remix of the original and immediate, unique and catchy evolution of the 2019 ref 26586IP.

https://www.review4uwatch.com

https://www.moonphase-watch.com

Base
Brand: Audemars Piguet
Model: Royal Oak Self-winding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-thin 41mm
Reference number: 26586TI.OO.1240TI. 01

Diameter: 41mm
Thickness: 6.2mm
Weight: 75 grams
Case Material: Titanium Alloy
Dial Color: Gradient blue to black
Index: Application
Luminous: hands and indexes
Water resistance: 20 meters
Strap/Bracelet: Full Titanium Bracelet

sports
Caliber: AP Selfwinding Caliber 5133
Functions: hours, minutes, perpetual calendar, moon phases, day/night
Diameter: 32mm
Thickness: 2.9mm Power Reserve
: 40 hours winding
: Automatic vibration
Frequency: 19,800 vph
Number of Gems: 37

Utoljára Anonymous ugrasztotta előre 2023.02.22. 18:54-kor.

Hozzászólás jelentése
Vissza a tetejére

Hozzászólás az előzmény idézésével  
Hozzászólások megjelenítése:  Rendezés  
Új téma nyitása Hozzászólás a témához  [ 1 hozzászólás ] 

Időzóna: UTC + 1 óra [ nyi ]